What happens when I go to the movies.

So I just saw Julie & Julia. Can I just say: it made me hopeful for this little blog we've got here. I mean, I don't know if it has quite the potential of The Julie/Julia Project, for lack of originality alone, but still.

Also, I felt decidedly shitty eating my gigantanormous bag 'o popcorn and watching such amazing food on the screen. There's just something so... plastic about all that fake butter when there's a six-foot picture of a chocolate cream pie right in front of your face.

Not that I didn't devour the popcorn, of course.

But anyway. Now, I'm faced with a dilemma. See, I'd been thinking about doing something akin to the Julie/Julia project for a while. Since before the movie came out, I swear it. I think I got the idea from projects like The Daring Bakers and Tuesdays with Dorie. And my question is this: would I be the most terrible blogger ever if I went ahead with that idea?

It wouldn't be a whole blog, mind you. Just an every-now-and-then kind of thing on this one. It would get me to cook more often (as you can see from my spotty contributions here, I tend to sort of drift away in the middle of projects that I start), and it would provide me with a good plan of recipes.

So these are the questions I pose to you, dear imaginary readers:

1) Should I do it?

and

2) What book should I use?


A bientot,
Kristina

1 comment:

  1. I'm not too familiar with cookbooks, but perhaps one with Italian influences would suit the style of this blog (at least, so far)?

    ReplyDelete