Late-Night Sushi

So, I promise I won't make a habit of posting more than once in a day. Today just warranted it. Really, it did.

Shortly after creating the beautiful Mecca of food that is this site, Mlle Sheida and I ventured out to Beluga for their half-priced swanky sushi. And of course, being the inexperienced bloggers we are, we forgot a camera. There were some shots taken by camera phones, but trust me, you don't want to see that.

Here's what was left after the carnage was over.



As you can see, it was once quite beautiful. But oh, the devastation...



I gave it the old college try, finishing that sushi when I got home, but really all I ended up with was two fewer pieces, an unhappy stomach, and mad sushi breath. Sadly, what was left had to go in the garbage.

I also tried hard to remember what was in those rolls, and after a quick check of the website, I can tell you that I ordered:

The Crazy Tuna Roll: tuna and avocado inside, topped with spicy tuna, tempura flakes, and caviar
The Ninja Roll: shrimp tempura topped with slices of salmon and tuna
The Spicy Shrimp Roll: shrimp, avocado, cucumber, and spicy mayonnaise

I enjoyed all of the rolls, though I found that I prefer the fish to be inside the roll, rather than on top. I'll level with you guys - I can't handle the texture of raw fish. I know I'm not alone.

Because Sheida's not here, I'll tell you what she got. I mean, I was there and everything.

The Big Mouth Roll: cooked spicy tuna and crab, avocado-tempura
(I typed "crap" instead of "crab," and I just did it again, and I'd say that's a Freudian slip, except the roll was SO FREAKIN GOOD)
The Inari Roll: fried tofu

She ordered something else, but honestly, I was too busy stuffing my face to really notice. Oh! She got a California Roll! And if you don't know what that is... I have nothing to say to you.
Just kidding - I have this to say to you: look it up.

God, I'm such an amazing blogger.

A bientot!

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment